Continuing Medical Education (CME) Agenda
This activity, "IDAA 2017 Continuing Education: INTO ACTION: PERSPECTIVES IN ADDICTION MEDICINE" has been reviewed and is acceptable
for up to 10.5 Prescribed Credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit toward the AMA Physician's Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed, not as Category 1.
- "Burnout" Chris Bundy, MD
- "Update on Neuroscience of Addiction" Kevin McCauley, MD
- "Legal aspects of disability for physicians" Mark Seltzer, Esq
- "Civility" Michael Kaufman, MD
- "Addiction treatment for young adults" Claudia Blac, PhD
- "Crucial conversations with your patient: pain, addiction and cannabis." Mark Weiner, MD
- "Recovery Oriented Systems of Care" Ray Baker, MD
- "Buprenorphine panel" Scott Hambleton, MD, Paul Earley, MD, Penny Zeigler, MD, Michael Kaufman, MD, Ken Roy, MD
- "Trauma of Monitoring Health Professionals" Penny Zeigler, MD
- "Mindfulness Based Relapse Prevention" Katie Hirst, MD
- Improved knowledge of the barriers to good treatment in multiple populations.
- Increased knowledge of how to overcome barriers to good treatment in multiple populations.
- Increased understanding of the role of psychological trauma in addiction and recovery for professionals.
Continuing Dental Education (CDE)
Details for the CDE program will be available here closer to meeting time.