Continuing Medical Education (CME) Agenda
This activity, "IDAA 2016 Continuing Education: Overcoming Barriers to Progress" has been reviewed and is acceptable
for up to 10 Prescribed Credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit toward the AMA Physician's Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed, not as Category 1.
- "Why Can't I Meditate?" Mel Pohl, MD, DFASAM
- "12 Steps 4 Values: Utilizing Acceptance and Commitment Therapy to Defuse Resistance to Recovery" Bruce F. Singer, Psy.D.
- "When Trauma and Substance Abuse Collide" Laura Moss MD
- "Removing Barriers to Melding Medical and 12-Step Approaches" Greg Caudill, MD
- "The Evolving ASAM Criteria: Treatment of the Safety Sensitive Worker" Paul H Earley, MD., DFASAM
- "Childhood Trauma and Abuse: What You Need to Know and What You Need to Do" Dawn Obrecht MD
- "Overcoming Barriers to 12-step Recovery in Adolescent and Young Adults with Addictive Disease" David E. Smith, MD
- "Survival After Sexual Boundary Violations" Andrew Stone MD
- "Are There Precursors for Substance Use Disorders in American Physicians?" Michael Oreskovich MD, FACS
- "Controversies in Addiction Medicine" Mel Pohl, MD, FASAM, Penny Zeigler MD, Charles Morgan MD, Ken Thompson MD, Scott Teitlebaum MD, Marv Sepula MD, Chappy Sledge MD, and Terry Alley MD
- Improved knowledge of the barriers to good treatment in multiple populations.
- Increased knowledge of how to overcome barriers to good treatment in multiple populations.
- Increased understanding of the role of psychological trauma in addiction and recovery.
Continuing Dental Education (CDE)
Details for the CDE program will be available here closer to meeting time.